Full- Time Sports Development Officer
Football Star Academy Essedon
Football Star Academy is Melbourne's leading youth soccer skill development academy, delivering programs throughout Victoria focused on enhancing individual players’ technical & strategic abilities within a small group environment.Programs include Weekly Skills Clinics, Elite Pathway Programs, Schools Programs, One On One Sessions, Holiday Camps, Club Engagement and International Tours.
FOOTBALL ALLSTARS ACADEMY PTY LTD is Football Star Academy franchisee. We are looking for a high quality, experienced and motivated Sports Development Officer to join the FSA Team to grow and deliver our skill development programs across the following key areas Aberfeldie, Brunswick South, West Essendon, Moonee Ponds, Moreland West and Pascoe Vale, Carlton North/East, Northcote, Fairfield, fitzroy
Salary: This is a full-time position. You will be paid $66,560 plus Superannuation and will be required to work 38 hours per week.Applicants should possess:
At least an Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma in sports management /sports science or sports coaching2. At least 2 years experience in a similar role and be able to perform the duties outlined below
Desirable. Relevant Football instructing experience and coaching qualification would be desirable.2. Marketing & Promotion experience would be an advantage.
Duties - Member Development: Promotion, development and growth of elite coaching programs, through customer focussed and quality initiatives focussing primarily on getting new clubs and schools located in our catchment area on board
-Knowledge of overseas training programs and ability to bring new ideas to an existing program to create competitive advantage and increase market share.
-The role will involve assisting the implementation and roll out of activities and programs which support our strategic and focus on retaining and increasing the growth of our franchise. Manage the implementation within budget and on time
-Create a yearly schedule of events to develop new sporting initiatives throughout the year. This will identify required funding / budgets etc
-Provide training, mentoring and support to our sports coaches
-Increase participation using promotional and engagement opportunities at major school/club events
- Track and report on participation growth within the designated region.
-Identify how to increase the quality base of coaches and volunteers so we are well resourced.
- Organise and promote events within the school and community and ensuring that the events are successful and delivered within budget
- Contribute to the creation and implementation on development plans (addressing facilities, population trends, enrolment trends, equipment requirements, resource requirements, funding needs and the establishment of new zones
-Engage with strategic partners, including schools, clubs and volunteers
-Identifying and responding to the needs participants and their families, particularly those with. a view to increasing the number of people continuing after their initial enrolment.-Identifying and linking sports capacity building opportunities for;
-Improving collaboration between school, school communities and sports instructors.
-Able to manage a diverse range of programs within an annual planSelection Criteria- Outgoing personality with very good verbal and written communication skills ensuring the ability to engage and inspire both students and their parents
- Strong people and team skills- Ability to motivate skilled professional staff in a performance focused environment- Capable to work unsupervised and take ownership of workloads to meet and exceed individual and team KPI’s
- Motivated to align to a plan set down by others and align with colleagues on delivery standards.-Exemplary time management and activity management skills-
- Embraces change positively and actively seeks new and improved ways to do things- Ability to effectively sell the benefits of initiatives within and outside of the sport-
Solid IT skills, including working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Word and email. Able to use reporting and measurement tools
Due to the nature of the role, regular after hours and weekend work will be required. You will work from our office which is located at xxxxx but will have to travel daily to meet our coaches.
If you would like to apply for the role of Sport Development Officer, please send your CV, outlining your qualifications and experience and your suitability to Vic38.email@example.com. Applications will only be accepted up to Monday 31st December 2018
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: