- Recreation Development Worker - fixed term contract
- Located at Boronia
- Part time 22.8 hours per week
- Leading Not For Profit Organisation
- Flexible Work Arrangements & Generous Salary Packagaing Benefits
Vision Australia is a leading national provider of blindness and low vision services in Australia. We work in partnership with Australians who are blind or have low vision to help them achieve the possibilities they choose in life.
We support more than 27,500 people of all ages and life stages, and circumstances. We do this through 28 Vision Australia centres in Victoria, New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia; 30 clinics; and through outreach programs in the Northern Territory and Tasmania.
An exciting opportunity awaits a highly skilled Recreation Development Worker to join our trans disciplinary team in Boronia
The role will be initally offered on a fixed term 2 year contractResponsibilities
As a Recreation Development Worker at Vision Australia you will deliver provide and deliver recreation,community access and intervention strategies to support clients who are blind or have low vision. Your responsibilities will include:
- Development, implementation and coordination of individual recreation programs for people of are blind or have low vision.
- Ensure the smooth operation of individually based recreational services to allow our clients reach their individual service goals
- Provide direction, support and training to our volunteers assisting in recreational activities
Essential Job Competencies
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Certificate IV in Community Development or equivalent
- Experience in a recreational development role, including, progam planning, implementation, coordiination and evaluation of programs
- Current Victorian Driver's Licence
- Ability to communicate with all stakeholders with dignity and respect.
- Well developed problem solving, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Capacity to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage activities and tasks within rostered time.
- Computer literacy skills in Microsoft applications and the internet.
- Ideally an understanding of issues relating to blindness and low vision
Working as part of Vision Australia you will enjoy a values based organisation with benefits including:
- Friendly values based working environment
- Generous salary packaging options
- Exceptional professional development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
We’re always on the lookout for energetic, motivated people who share our values to be Person Centred, Accountable, Collaborative, Commercially Focused and Agile.
Do you want to become a part of a team that supports a future where our clients have the opportunity, like never before, to live the life they choose? Please select the 'Apply' button below to be taken to our online application process.
Applications should consist of a full resume and a cover letter. All candidates MUST address the essential job competencies as outlined the position description and should also consider and be able to demonstrate Vision Australia’s organisational values which are central to the organisation’s culture. Applications should be uploaded as a word file. Please note pdf documents are not accepted for accessibility reasons.
As part of Vision Australia’s commitment to being an inclusive employer and embedding a culture where staff, volunteers and clients can be themselves and feel safe, and to protecting the best interests and safety of children and vulnerable people, successful applicants will be subject to a number of pre-employment checks including criminal history and working with children.
For more information about working at Vision Australia go to www.visionaustralia.org/careers
We encourage applications from candidates who are blind or have low vision.